I find the many people especially beginners, face the same problem when it comes to setting aside a specific timeslot to practise taijiquan. (I face this problem too:-) ) Come on, you only need to spare 10 minutes a day, why do you give excuses that you have no time to practise.
I realise that the problems is cause by people not practising taiji long enough to experience its benefits. Therefore, it is very imprtant to stick to your practise for about 1 to 2 months to really experience the benefits yourself so that you will be motivated to continue practising.
But how do we stick to our practise for 1 to 2 months. First, we must constantly remind ourselves that after 2 months, I will definitely be able to experience the benefits of practising taijiquan. Secondly, try not to be too ambitious. It is quite common that as a beginners, we want to learn as much as possible in the shortest time. However, some things cannot be rush. If you really can't spare 10 mins a day, how about 5 minutes. The point is to constantly remind yourself to do it everyday until it becomes a habit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment